Positioned to enjoy Brisbane at its best, this inner-city 1920s Queenslander cottage oozes character and comfort, privately tucked in behind its scented Jasmine.
This private haven is ideal as an investment for long and short-term stays, or as a home for those who simply love to live in the trendy and beating heart of this growing city. For those who prize education, you'll appreciate this central location to some of Brisbane's best independent and state schools, plus the added benefit of just a short walk to a university!
Dual living opportunities are a major drawcard here, thanks to the dual-street access (the block extends from Woolcock to Federal Streets), coupled with the separate living spaces over two levels.
Upstairs offers two covered private decks – front and back – plus a lovely open-plan, expansive kitchen with impressive cabinet storage space, stainless steel 4-gas burner stove and electric oven, plus an efficient dishwasher. The living space flows between the front deck and kitchen and into two generous Queen-sized bedrooms with expansive wardrobes.
The completely renovated main bathroom offers chic, indulgent finishes including a clawfoot bathtub with stainless steel footings, an oversized lovers’ shower, completely finished with subway tiles. You’ll find a separate toilet just outside the kitchen, adjoining the rear deck.
On the lower level you’ll find the tiled bathroom and oversized legal height bedroom or rumpus space with slate floors, which opens out through French doors to the carport, rear garden and lower deck. Connected to the upper level via the external rear stairs, all it needs is a kitchenette and it’s completely self-contained, voila!
Upper level (Woolcock Street level):
• Two covered private decks – back and front
• French doors that open from the kitchen to the rear deck
• Open-plan, expansive kitchen-living with air-con and impressive cabinet storage space, plus stainless steel 4-gas burner stove, electric oven and efficient dishwasher
• Bathroom with chic finishes including a clawfoot bathtub with stainless steel footings, an oversized lovers’ shower, completely finished with subway tiles
• Second toilet adjoining deck
• Two Queen-sized bedrooms with wardrobes
• Beautiful timber floors
Lower level (Federal Street level):
• Oversized bedroom or retreat with beautiful slate floors and plenty of natural light streaming in from the original casement windows
• French doors that open to the carport, lower deck and garden
• Expansive adjoining bathroom / laundry with separate access to rear stairs
• Driveway access from Federal Street
• Under house storage space
• Fenced at sides and front
Here at this charming cottage you’ll find your private and peaceful haven, plus if you’re after some bustling urban fun you can just step out onto the street and discover plenty of bars, cafes, parks, university, and golf course all just a short walk away.
Positioned in the school catchment for the highly sought after Kelvin Grove State College and Petrice Terrace State School, or just 1km from either Brisbane Grammar School or Brisbane Girls Grammar School. Plus, Queensland University of Technology is just 500m away!
Welcome to your gorgeous, charming cottage lifestyle with all the perks of dual living and Brisbane city at your doorstep! Hurry to inspect the property now!
Currently tenanted until January 2019.
Hot Water Gas