Welcome to this beautifully renovated, north-facing 1920s Queenslander home, gracefully sprawled out across a dreamy, level 809sqm block, on a wide and leafy street.
Positioned in the blue ribbon and highly sought-after historic pocket of Clifton Hill, which straddles the Moorooka and Annerley border, here you're just 7km from the Brisbane CBD.
It's the perfect house to set up a home office, for a family that treasures its 5 unique living spaces, indoor-outdoor lifestyle and expansive garden-pool area, or as an investment with dual-living possibilities.
With a massive 412sqm of covered floor space, there's a place of solitude for everyone to retreat to. It's a timeless beauty with soaring ceilings that's been lovingly renovated over the years with a raise and major extension. You'll be embraced by the warmth, spatial flow and beautiful energy of this unique home and you'll celebrate all the charming details that pay homage to the early 1900s era of style.
* 4 bedrooms – 2 with walk-in-wardrobes – 1 with ensuite
* Main bathroom with marble-top antique vanity and clawfoot bath, plus separate toilet
* Light-filled living-dining room with decorative mouldings, cornices, iron curtain rods, original casement windows and stunning chandeliers. This historic room flows out to the modern and expansive deck, family room and kitchen.
* Cosy family room flows off kitchen, perfect for curling up after dinner
* Modern kitchen with granite benchtops, stainless-steel 5-gas burner with 2 ovens, Smeg rangehood, Bosch dishwasher and soft-close draws and doors
* Family-friendly zone for entertaining, with pool and rear garden visible from the kitchen and deck. Bi-fold doors connect kitchen to the expansive covered deck, where remote-controlled awnings ensure ultimate privacy. Stairs connect easily to pool and rear garden.
* Traditional lambs tongue skirtings and VJ boards throughout
* Beautiful timber floors; cypress floorboards featured in the extension
* Re-roofed in 2015; fully insulated with batts in 2007
* Internal stairs step down into the tiled open study, adjoining the fifth bedroom with French doors out to the front garden
* An impressive entertainment room opens up before you, complete with beautiful bamboo flooring. Open up the French doors into the garage on one end and into the garden at the other end and you can entertain on a grand scale here with the party flowing from the front right through to the back of the house.
* Laundry and powder room with toilet
* 4 car spaces between the garage and carport; perfect for the boat, camper-trailer or caravan
* Covered outdoor drying area and gym
* Fully fenced landscaped gardens at rear with pool and cubbyhouse
* 6ft-deep pool with new liner and sand filter
* 2000L water tank with pressure pump
* Gas heat points on both levels
* Within the highly sought-after Yeronga primary and high school catchment area where families are increasingly moving into the catchment area just so their kids can attend school there. Popular private schools Mary Immaculate Primary School and Our Lady's College nearby.
* Walk to train station and bus. Celebrity chef Ben O'Donoghue's restaurant Billykart is just around the corner and plenty of parks and bikeways nearby. University of Queensland and Griffith University are easy to access, as is Greenslopes Private Hospital, Mater Hospital and Princess Alexandra Hospital.
It's not often that such a spacious, sophisticated, and quality renovated home becomes available in the highly sought-after character precinct of Clifton Hill, in the northern pocket of Moorooka. Here blocks are typically 800sqm+ and houses are of the 1920s era. This unique property has it all. Call now for your own private inspection!
Built in Robes
Hot Water Gas